Sea of Cortez questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I finally did alot of searching and settled on Buena Vista Resort in East Cape area. Its a short drive from Cabo since we are only going for 3 days. Dive shop , Vista Sea Sports, has been fantastic about emailing me right back. Said we would sea lions and alot of fish. Did advise to come before Nov since vis will decrease so going mid month of Oct. I will post my findings as well. I am doing the meal plan so will advise on how that goes. I am doing this trip as a go check it out for a group trip and renting a car so I can look around the area ...might try to go look at your hotel as well. I am hoping for whale sharks but you never know...I usually am a day late or in the wrong group! Missed seeing hammer heads 2 times now! whale shark on day late! Hope this trip goes better!

We finally decided on East Cape since we are having to fly to cabo. Hoping we see some whale sharks but not sure about that. I am going on a test run for our group dive trip for next year. We will stay at Club Bueno Vista ... have you heard of this place. Has dive shop on property and they were really fast in replying back so to me that was a good sign.
Flying from DFW to Lapaz is terrible so East Cape seemed worth checking out.
Hope you can give me some insites...not sure where Cabo Pulmo is but noticed they offered that as a dive. SO tell me please ... are the dive sites all a long way from where you stay?
Are they close to the coast line or way out in the ocean?
Being from Texas we do alot more Cozumel-caribbean diving and frankly I am ready for a new experience. Hope this will be good for us...leaving out Oct 15th.

Hello, You will hve to let us know about the Buena Vista. The dives out of la paz are 1-3 hrs off shore and the dives out of cabo pulmo are w/in 15 minutes of shore. The east cape will be a big change from Coz and the Yucatan. Rugged mountains meet the ocean. The desert should be blooming when your are there so check it out also. I love the diving in Coz, it is like swimming through New YOrk city with the huge coral reef. But the fish are just so-so. IN the east cape you will see many fish, hopefull some big stuff. 6 ft groupers, huge lobster, mantaas when you are lucky, I have also seen a marlin while diving, That was great! You can see miles and miles of deserted beaches in the eastcape. I think the ruggedness of the area is refreshing. Viz should be good, weather dry in th 80s/ HAVE FUN. we leave on the 24.

Back
Top Bottom