Sea & Sea DX-2G with Grip Stay S (Sea Arm) and YS110A Strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geo88

Registered
Reaction score
Like to ask anybody using the above setup? I already have a DX-2G.
Reason being I am offered a promotional rate of YS110A with the Sea&Sea Grip Stay S Sea Arm. Not sure if I want to use this sea arm as I thinking of future upgrade.

How is the grip of the sea arm underwater? Thanks.

If you are thinking of a future upgrade, I'd recommend against that arm and get an Ultralight arm system, or at least the Sea & Sea Sea Arm 7.

The problem with that Grip Stay is that it is EXTREMELY limited in its ability to position the strobe. You simply won't be able to illuminate subjects as you want them to be.

The YS110a is a great strobe, but with that arm, you won't be able to use it to its full potential.

Thanks. I got the sea arm and strobe...Playing with it now. Will upgrade to the better ball joints time when I have the $$$. I just live with this for the time being. =p

Sorry for replying to an old thread.

Geo88 - How "strong" does the Grip Stay S feel to you? Reckon it can take a heavier light without breaking in half?

The grip is plenty strong, but I really wouldnt recommend buying one. You cant get the strobe far enough away from the camera and as result get terrible backscatter or cant get decent lightning at medium distances.

Yes, I know this is an old thread.

you can not thread the strobe head in, and when needed, pull the bolt out (be sure to keep it tethered) and stretch the strobe head as far away as you want.

What was the "promotional rate", and through who?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom