Sea & Sea DX860G

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tmp

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello All,

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions and/or advice where I can get some info on shooting with the Sea & Sea DX860G. Me and the wife recently purchased one that was used from our LDS, its in great shape and looks virtually new.

After a bunch of research and price shopping we found this to be the best deal (at least for us as beginners) especially seeing all the accessories we got with it (a bonus of course)....just to be up and running for our upcoming trip to the Philippines!!!!!

So, being new to photography underwater does anyone have any experience with this particular camera and/or offer any suggestions that might help us get started.

I have already read the manual and started to play around with the strobe and different settings taking general pics about the house (although I know there will be obvious differences shooting underwater).....

Hi tmp, I have a few suggestions. I'm not sure how much experience you have regarding photography but I took a a PADI course and two courses from the following online site: The Underwater Photographer, Underwater Digital Photography Classes: Improve your underwater photos. Of the three coureses, I found the online courses to be very helpful. I took "Introduction to Digital Underwater Photography" and "Digital Workflow & Image Manipulation for Underwater Photography." I found Marty and Bonnie to be very helpful and always answered my emails regarding my questions.

I would also suggest Scott Gietler's UW Photo guide for help. You can access the guide at this site: Underwater Photography Guide. The guide contains a wealth of information.

Regards,

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom