Sea & Sea Motor Marine II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

menc44

Registered
Reaction score
Could anyone tell me some information on a Sea and Sea motor marine 2 ex amphibious 35mm camera system with ys50TTL strobe. Like is it a good camera system? How are the photos? About how much should I pay for one? Thanks

It's a good setup for shooting on film. I have the exact setup and use it a lot. Digital has taken over most of the underwater photography so you should be able to pick on up pretty cheap. Check Ebay and see what they are going for these days. I'd guess around $200.

menc44:
Could anyone tell me some information on a Sea and Sea motor marine 2 ex amphibious 35mm camera system with ys50TTL strobe. Like is it a good camera system? How are the photos? About how much should I pay for one? Thanks

It's a nice film system that really shines if you use slide film for maximum colour saturation. The good thing about it is that you can add to it with another strobe, additional lenses (wide angle, macro, etc.) that you can probably pick up for a song on eBay.

Another positive thing is that you can get a lens caddy & actually change lenses UNDER water; something you cannot do with all u/w photo systems.

Basically, the price should reflect how many pieces you get with the system: synch cords, base plates, lenses, etc.

To be honest, the system has been supplanted by digital. However, it is a VERY good film system to learn with... in fact we still have a complete system with dual strobes in our teaching arsenal that we haven't really used since we started using digital.

menc44:

if you are seeing a system paired with a ys50 its probably a MMII not a MMII-ex,

The MMI lacks some of the f-stop and apearature settings of the EX.. There is also a few other differences that I dont remember off hand.. The ys-50 also in general cant be used on other systems in the future..

The MMI-ex usually came with the ys-60.. The ys-60 can be used with many other cameras including digitals with the proper adapters..

YS-60s are still sold..

A discounted mmII-ex plus ys-60 typically goes for $500-$550 these days.. The stobe is worth most of the money..

a reasonable price for a mmII/ys50 would be $200-250, while the MMIIex/ys-60 would be $300-$350 depending on condition.

Back
Top Bottom