Sea&Sea YS27DX anyone using one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ce4jesus

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just purchased one due to the outstanding deal I made however, I've not heard anyone out there using them. Any feedback appreciated!

Gary:coffee:

ce4jesus:
Just purchased one due to the outstanding deal I made however, I've not heard anyone out there using them. Any feedback appreciated!

Gary:coffee:

Call & speak to Bob @ Scuba.com....I was talking to him yesterday & he told me that one has replaced about 3 other ones...he thinks it's great...I'm looking @ the S&S DX 860 G with that strobe, finally gonna go digital after 12 years of 35 mm S&S MMII EX......Which camera are you putting it on??...

I'm putting it on the SP350 so my only concern will be adapting the fiber optic cable. Anyway, I got a great deal on the strobe, arm and cable for $365 including shipping. Every other vendor had it at about $550 for all 3. I've used this vendor with success and good support in the past so I'm thrilled with the deal. Well you're going to love digital ... especially getting over the 36 picture limit. The instant feedback rocks as well.

Gary

I am using one! It is to be a slave to my slightly bigger YS-350TTL/PRO, but still needing to spend more time in the water with it. How are you finding yours?

Well its working around the house very nicely! I'll get my first dive opportunity in the next couple of weeks with it and I'll let you know. I did manage a way to attach it to the weird Oly FL20 flash housing...epoxy! So the cabling is secure and should fire every time...that's the biggest hurdle of any optical strobe. I'll post some pics when I go diving...cheers and welcome aboard.

Back
Top Bottom