Sea sick on an RB or double-hose rig?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cancun mark:
you dont even want to burp in a RB loop. I did it once and was breathing onion/beans/eggs for the rest of the dive.
I can't say I've ever noticed anything even after a two-curry long diving weekend.

A buddy was once sick holding a 6m stop. I had great problems understanding the signals at the time but since each sequence ended in OK I reasoned he wasn't dieing and just stayed close and watched.

He did say that you had to blow a bit to get it through the Inspiration one way valves and on into the exhale lung but it did go. He cleaned it that evening and dived the next day.

This is an interesting thread. I have vomited at 60 feet in an OC. You are at great risk of drowning because after vomiting you take an involuntary breath. If you do not have air, breathing water will cause largnospasm and possibly loss of conciousness. It sounds like you can survive either with a RB circuit or OC, but I would be real careful about switching when you feel like wretching, esp. if you have to take your mouthpiece out of your mouth. Wouldn't be safer to wretch, then switch to bailout and head out? Just my 2 cents.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom