Sea Sports Belize to Gallows Point Reef?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CoasterFreak

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey everyone! Our Spring Break Cruise ship got changed from Jamaica and Grand Cayman to visit Belize and Roatan. I am already scheduled to dive in Cozumel, and Roatan will be more of a family "nature and animals" excursion. I found out from Sea Sports Belize they do a 2-tank dive out to Gallows Point Reef - but b4 I sign up, i was hoping to find some recent views, reviews, reports, etc - but coming up empty. Anyone here can report on recent experiences out there? Thanks in advance!

I dove with Sea Sports Belize in November off a cruise ship. They were/are the only dive shop in Belize City, so there isn't much choice for cruise passengers looking to dive.

Thankfully, they run a good operation. Linda is the owner, and she was very accommodating, working emails to pull together a group of 4 off our ship. The shop is about a 5 minute walk from the cruise terminal. We dived "The Lounge" and "J&R Wall." Very nice, easy dives with some nice reef structure and lots of life, including eels and a reef shark.

I wouldn't hesitate booking with Sea Sports on another port stop in Belize City. Feel free to ask any specific questions you might have!

I dove with Sea Sports Belize in November off a cruise ship. They were/are the only dive shop in Belize City, so there isn't much choice for cruise passengers looking to dive.

Thankfully, they run a good operation. Linda is the owner, and she was very accommodating, working emails to pull together a group of 4 off our ship. The shop is about a 5 minute walk from the cruise terminal. We dived "The Lounge" and "J&R Wall." Very nice, easy dives with some nice reef structure and lots of life, including eels and a reef shark.

I wouldn't hesitate booking with Sea Sports on another port stop in Belize City. Feel free to ask any specific questions you might have!
Thanks for the info about Belize. We are looking at cruises in early December (between Thanksgiving and Christmas tend to be off season i.e, good rates) and Belize, Coz and Roatan are in many itineraries. I've dived in Roatan and Coz but haven't been to Belize in many years and I didn't dive then.

Just did this like two weeks ago. Shop/operation was great. The surface interval will most likely be in an area where rays will come by where you can snorkel with them in waist deep water. However, if I could do it again, if your ship offers the tour that picks you up from the ship without the need to tender where you visit Shark Ray Alley (Ambergris Caye), book that. You'll snorkel with rays, nurse sharks and turtles.

Spoke to several new friends after we boarded back on the ship and they were GLOWING.

Not my video, just an example.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom