Sea Spring?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gavstang

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone stayed at the Sea Spring Resort in Anilao? Have had some negative feedback about the place and am keen to know whether I should avoid it as a trip is coming up and we r supposed to be staying at the aforementioned resort.

Your views would be greatly appreciated.

The rooms and amenities are good but if you're not into Korean food, avoid them. There's a nice hole in the wall eatery next to the dive shop fronting Secret Bay, the chef used to work for a resort and serves good dishes.

It's been almost two years since I've stayed there..but if nothing has changed I'd absolutely avoid it as a diver. Rooms/facilities are very nice, although since the hotel caters primarily to Korean tourists if you do the "package" meals you better enjoy Korean food! (otherwise ordering off regular menu was good with lots of choices). The reason to avoid it is the dive op, which was a disorganized mess. None of the "guides" are good spotters, and if you're expecting to see much on a dive that you don't spot yourself you'll be disappointed...obviously a concern in a macro/photographers haven such as Anilao..and actually don't even really make an effort to look. Even worse, I was fully expected to be done with my dive in as little as 30 minutes on a couple of occasions...nothing having to do with air consumption, limts, etc. The feedback I got was the astounding comment that "most divers only want to dive that long." Based on my experience, it's just not someone who was a diver would choose to stay and dive with, despite sitting right on Secret Bay. When you add to it that based on much that I've read that they ruined Secret Bay, I'd definitely avoid it....I've never seen it the same way in the times I've been since the resort opened. All this being said, i'm not a local as so many on the board are, and this is based a stay some time ago...so if the dive op was completely overhauled that would address most of the most negative comments I've made

You can stay at Sea Springs for the amenities but you can opt to go to Fun Divers for the dive op. Im not sure if they're the same dive op for the resort but it's just a small building in front of the resort. The DM/ Spotter we had then was Kuya Jess and he's very good at spotting all sorts of critters not just in secret bay but also in Twin Rocks all the way up to Arthurs.

Fun Divers used to be the dive op for the resort but forsome reason the owners set up another dive op right next to Fun Divers. Now that Secret Bay is kind of rough not too many divers around lately and the two dive ops are gathering cobwebs.

Stayed there earlier this year.

Room is fine. New and clean facilities.

However, the restaurant was horrible. They didn't have almost anything we wanted to order. They ran out of cold beer for a small group of 8 of us! Come on, how hard is it to keep beer in stock and keep it cold? What food they did have was terrible. Even the Korean dishes weren't anything to write home about.

Did I mention the restaurant sucked?

Back
Top Bottom