Seac sub Icaro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

avin84

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Greetings

I was planning to buy a bp\w system and a great deal caught my eye...
Seacsub Icaro for 200$

Pros and cons?

I plan to dive warm sea waters on vacation with occasional courses in tech diving.

Looking forward to your replies.

Best,
Avin

I have never heard of that one before, I would watch out. Hollis makes great BP/W, check them out

Seac has been in Europe for awhile. It is an established brand over there. Recently making it's way to this side of the pond. Pirahna Dive Gear is a big retailer for them over here. I saw the stuff at DEMA last year. BPW's are a little busy for my tastes but lookes like well constructed gear. They have some very nice free diving gear.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the quick replies.
I have been looking at Halcyon and Hollis but I am also on a budget.
For 200 this looks like a great bargain.

Randy at Piranha has been nice to recommend Synchro D ice complete reg setup. Any suggestions?

Bis spater

Avin

Hey all,

My icaro is here and it is awesome. Thanks Piranha dive mfg. for an awesone deal.
The wing looks somewhat bigger than it seems in the picture, the manual says that one can dive even with two tanks with an adaptor.
The backplate as promised by seac is very light. From an amateur perspective it also looks like the backplate may support non seac wings and harnesses.
The bcd has cool looking back support pads, could be removed easily if not required .
Has enough D rings for gizmo carrying divers...
Plastic hose holders seem useful for tucking away those pesky pipes.
The camband is standard and looks strong. No pockets or other bulky additions on the harness and camband.
Pictures and trial review in somedays...
Cheers

7 days of diving in south red sea and Icaro stood up to all the tests.
The pipes are non-obstructive, The dive-position perfect, hooks and loops functional, tank goes away from the body slightly when horizontal but playing around with the waist bad immediately solved the problem.
Overall a nice product and no complaints.

I know this a bit late but...
So I made the leap and got it. I think there is not a better deal in bpw or BC's available right now.

-the plate is made for single tank diving and has "mountain ridges" built into it to keep a single tank stable.
-it keeps a single tank very very stable both with regard to it wobbling on the plate and stable to your body (partly because the tank straps route through the plate in a very secure way)
-it has what I believe are standard mounting wholes on the plate just in case you wanted to add an sta or change out to a different wing.
- I like the shoulder pull dump and that the bottom dump is on the outside of the wing, but the pull cable is routed to the inside ---easier to find
-the harness, other than maybe the length of the shoulder pads , is very adjustable. The ends are secured with triglides so customization is possible
- I like the stainless steel buttons on the inflator which is also quite nice and allows small adjustments.
-all the hardware is anodized aluminum and very light. Like if you were worried about the weight of d rings and slides this is your guy

dislikes
-IMO the power inflator and shoulder pull dump are too long, I also got the xl and cinch it all the way down, so maybe my fault and at any rate a pretty easy fix
-the plate is very light (great travel rig) which is less than ideal for cold water diving. I use 18lbs which barely fits in the halcyon ACB pockets I have mounted on it. I am looking into weight to mount weight on it (as far as I can tell it is tricky to mount weight on the stock tank straps).

Other
-the crotch strap is weird, it splits and goes over each leg up to the belt. It works and prevents unpleasant pressure for males, but its strange.
-ideally the bladder would be double layer, but it seems tough and the inside surface (touching the diver) is double layered.
-if you ripped your harness or wing, it seems to me that both could be replaced with standard bpw parts (from another company if preferred)

i guess if you really wanted to know how I felt about it: i am trying to find an excuse to buy the doubles version even though i doubt i could use it for doubles training.I am still customizing it but it is the most stable rig I have dove (side to side wiggle is much less than my dss comfort harness).

Amazon has better photos of it than does the Piranha's website.

I know this a bit late but...
So I made the leap and got it. I think there is not a better deal in bpw or BC's available right now.

-the plate is made for single tank diving and has "mountain ridges" built into it to keep a single tank stable.
-it keeps a single tank very very stable both with regard to it wobbling on the plate and stable to your body (partly because the tank straps route through the plate in a very secure way)
-it has what I believe are standard mounting wholes on the plate just in case you wanted to add an sta or change out to a different wing.
- I like the shoulder pull dump and that the bottom dump is on the outside of the wing, but the pull cable is routed to the inside ---easier to find
-the harness, other than maybe the length of the shoulder pads , is very adjustable. The ends are secured with triglides so customization is possible
- I like the stainless steel buttons on the inflator which is also quite nice and allows small adjustments.
-all the hardware is anodized aluminum and very light. Like if you were worried about the weight of d rings and slides this is your guy

dislikes
-IMO the power inflator and shoulder pull dump are too long, I also got the xl and cinch it all the way down, so maybe my fault and at any rate a pretty easy fix
-the plate is very light (great travel rig) which is less than ideal for cold water diving. I use 18lbs which barely fits in the halcyon ACB pockets I have mounted on it. I am looking into weight to mount weight on it (as far as I can tell it is tricky to mount weight on the stock tank straps).

Other
-the crotch strap is weird, it splits and goes over each leg up to the belt. It works and prevents unpleasant pressure for males, but its strange.
-ideally the bladder would be double layer, but it seems tough and the inside surface (touching the diver) is double layered.
-if you ripped your harness or wing, it seems to me that both could be replaced with standard bpw parts (from another company if preferred)

i guess if you really wanted to know how I felt about it: i am trying to find an excuse to buy the doubles version even though i doubt i could use it for doubles training.I am still customizing it but it is the most stable rig I have dove (side to side wiggle is much less than my dss comfort harness).

Your Pm box is full. Cannot send anything to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom