Seacamp FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it's around $2200-2500 per session. Those figures are a couple of years old. If it's scuba diving you're really after, you may want to consider an adventure scuba camp like ActionQuest, Broadreach, or Odyssey Expeditions. They do a LOT more diving. With SeaCamp your average dive-capable camper only gets in 7 dives in 16 days. You can max out with 14 dives, but that's fairly rare. You'd have to be enrolled in TWO scuba classes, and I can tell you right now that reserving a schedule like that ain't easy, even for returning campers that get class priority.

Adventure Scuba Camps however routinely START around 14 dives per session and can hit peaks of 20+. Some of them even offer Divemaster courses. The one I worked at this summer offered 18 dives in a 25 day session.

Jrdiva-Sorry to take a while getting back to you. To update Arch's figures, I believe this year it was $2600 for camp plus $400 if you wanted to dive. 8 dives is about the most that you can swing at Seacamp for an 18 day session, and that is only if you are in the master diver class which does a night dive.
Arch is the guy to talk to, he taught me everything I knew about Seacamp prior to going there.

Arch- glad to see you made it back from your adventures. I've got a lot of hello's to pass along to you, but I am way behind on e-mail stuff, I'll PM you sometime this week with all the seacamp gossip to pass along. I also want to hear about your summer.

Polly

Went there as a camper in 1966/1967.
Then my parents got me a boat.
(spoiled brat, huh?)

padrediver:
Went there as a camper in 1966/1967.
Then my parents got me a boat.
(spoiled brat, huh?)

1966? That was their very first year I believe, making you "super alumni"!! I bet the reefs looked dramatically different back then... I'm quite sure the food wasn't any worse, ha ha.

Back
Top Bottom