Seal Pup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My first thought was.. What a name for a dive knife :eek:
Sounds like it was intended to stab seals with it.

I would change the location to avoud stabbing my bc bladder, but I wouldnt preferr a less sharp knife over a sharp one.

My first thought was.. What a name for a dive knife :eek:
Sounds like it was intended to stab seals with it.

I would change the location to avoud stabbing my bc bladder, but I wouldnt preferr a less sharp knife over a sharp one.

Can't find a good place to mount it, and I refuse to be the one guy on the boat with the leg/wrist mount.

chest strap?

chest strap?

Maybe on the inflator hose with zip ties. Any other place I'll need to have it sewn on my bc.

Problems ... problems ... If it weren't for Shark Week I wouldn't even need a knife.

I DONT think ill wanna bring a knife to a shark-feed and expect to get away with it :p

You will never see the the one that eats you. Not to mention they are kind of fast underwater.

In 80's I had a seal zip in, place his nose against my mask, and zip away. A dark shaddow, coming in from behind FAST, and in an instant, gone!
All before my mind could do anything besides cream "shark". Heart was still pounding long after my mind had shifted to WOW, that was a seal!Made me realize just how slow we humans are in the uw environment, compared to the real hunters.

Hey, what's wrong with a leg knife. Every diver who grew up on Sea Hunt had one!

I have had my Ramora mounted on the inflater hose, with the clamp designed for this, but moved it to the sternum strap because having it on the inflater was adding too much hardware to a safety device, and possibly creating a snag situation.
Also had a blunt blade on the cummerbund, but it was a cheapie, and lost it from it's sheath on an exit in surf.
My two reasons for not returning to the leg mount were: it might snag down there, 1 and 2, if I were to get badly entangled I can visualize not being able to reach down to my leg to retrieve the knife, just when I need it most.
Other than that they sure looked cool. My 20yr old daughter has a leg mount, as well as a commerbund mount blunt tool.

I think i'm going to see if the local cobbler can sew the sheath to the outside of my bc pocket. It's going to take a pretty heafty sewing machine (And somebody that knows what they are
doing)

gypsy- is that Jaques Cousteau in your pic? lol

Thread CPR!

If the OP is still around the boards -- How does the SEAL hold up to salt water? Have you taken it out of the quarry?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom