Sealant recommended after changing battery in my Vyper?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alwayssummer

Fish out of Water
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Suunto Experts. I just dropped a new battery in my Vyper. They carry the 2450 battery at Walmart, which made life easy. But I'm feeling paranoid about the seal now. I put the O-ring back in, but should I have put some lubricant/sealant on it before putting it back?

Also, I got my battery replacement instructions from a YouTube video and there's about 10 seconds devoted to how to hold the battery. I think they're saying to hold it by the edges, not the top and bottom. Why does it matter?

Thanks!

Alwayssummer,

Please visit your local Aqua Lung/ Suunto dealer to purchase the correct battery kit for your Vyper.
The battery kit includes a new battery compartment o-ring, spacer and battery. These kits have all of the manufacture recommended parts. The recommended lubricant for the o-ring is Krytox. If Krytox is not available then you can use a small amount of silicone grease. There are how to videos to change the battery in your Vyper on Suunto.com. If you cannot install the battery properly by yourself, then I would recommend that you have your local authorized dealer install it for you. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Back
Top Bottom