Sealife mini 650 or?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

unwantedsn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I'm interested in taking a night / limited vis course that my LDS is offering. They are really pushing me towards this light because they sell it, and use it for the course so they prefer to have all of the students use the same equipment. My question is, is this light worth getting, or is there something else that I should be looking for / at? Surprisingly the LDS is selling this at msrp, but if I don't need to spend $160 on a light and can get by with something as good / cheaper then I'd rather go that route. I understand that a lot of the equipment in scuba is a personal preference, but I'm seeking your input.

Thank you for your time.

I'd go with one of the self-branded lights from DGX for ease, or check out one of several threads on here about lights like the Xtar D26.

Diving LED Lights | Dive Gear Express®

Get two of them for the same price. as the Sealife one, without losing anything.

Last edited:
If you have $160 to spend, buy a Big Blue like the AL1200NP or something. Way more lumens and better lights than Sea Life, IME/IMO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom