SeaLife Reefmaster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mauser

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
What are the pros and cons. I am looking for a good starter camera but I don't want something with a housing.

Pros: compact, no housing, durable, decent shots on land, strobe option, wide angle option, uses standard AA batteries

Cons: hard to toggle macro switch, all switches can be tricky with 5mm gloves or thicker, lanyard connection on camera seems wimpy (though I haven't actually read of anyone's breaking)

I was also looking for a decent no-housing entry level dive camera, and I am, overall, very happy with the reefmaster mini.

I have the Sealife Reefmaster mini. It is an excellent little camera. There aren't many cameras that you will find without housings. This one is a pretty damn good one. If you want to check out some photos taken recently with it click on this link. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/se...ow-us-your-sealife-weekend-diving-pics-9.html

Check for the posts by me. I do have a Wide angle lens and a strobe though.

Cons: Macro isn't that great w/o wide angle lens, Batteries only last 1-2 dives.

The reefmaster is one tough little camera, great entry level camera that can take some really nice shots.

prskate2, are you using Lithium rechargeable batteries? I highly recommend them. I've done a couple of days of diving 4 or 5 dives a day with a set of 4 batteries charged before going on a trip.

Wys

AA-sized rechargeable lithium batteries?? I've searched for those and have never found them. Didn't think they existed. Where did you get yours and what brand are they?

.. prskate2, are you using Lithium rechargeable batteries? I highly recommend them. I've done a couple of days of diving 4 or 5 dives a day with a set of 4 batteries charged before going on a trip.

Wys

I saw them at Best Buy today pretty cheap.....but, I'm sure you can get them at fry's electronics, circuit city etc.

Funny, because I was just there today as well. The only rechargeables they had were NiMH batteries. Can someone post a link to these rechargeable AA lithium batteries bornabolt and LowVizWiz mention?

I saw them at Best Buy today pretty cheap.....but, I'm sure you can get them at fry's electronics, circuit city etc.

prskate2, are you using Lithium rechargeable batteries? I highly recommend them. I've done a couple of days of diving 4 or 5 dives a day with a set of 4 batteries charged before going on a trip.

Wys

No, I am not using Lithium Rechargeable batteries. I just started testing the Energizer E2 Lithium batteries. I have done 2 dives with them and they still say that the battery is full. Pretty good so far. (They better be, for the price!):D

Come on, help save the planet. Rechargeable batteries are the way to go. :thumbs_up:

I haven't found any good ones yet. It's kind of hard to find a lot of stuff here in PR.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom