Seals in Jamestown, Rhode Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the local news goes all out "Howler Monkey" if any shark is spotted near New England coast, so I don't even know if it is a real problem.

All I get to see is lobsters a starfish and plant life...

I've dove FTW many times on my own during weekdays with know one around. Now that you got me thinking about GW's I might have rethink diving alone in the coves! Just saying.

I am not sure what another person will do.... I can see the advantage of having a slower friend, but ultimately it will be over in matter of seconds. Of coarse, you might want to check the weather forecast because you are much more likely to be struck by lightening entering and exiting the water soaked in saltwater and wearing a giant metal cylinder on your back.

I solo dive out at Green Bridge all the time and have the excitement of "what if" moments as I cruise from rock pile to rock pile across empty expanses of sand. It is exciting, but probably as safe as a fun house as far as sharks are concerned. They have always been there, likely just beyond view. If I were on the menu, one of them would have taken a taste a long time ago. I may change my mind if I start to see their prey animals in the same area. Even then, most attacks come from below. Again a slower and plumper dive buddy may be an asset...

I can't swim faster than a seal, so maybe that is why they were so welcoming last dive: alternative shark snack.

I'm still diving there even after learning GW are around. I even dive solo there too. But I always take my big DPV with me. LOL..

You can skip video to around 4:40 for scooter action at Fort Wetherill.
If you want you can also subscribe to my Youtube Channel. Up to you! :yeahbaby:

Aaaaarg!!! Now I can't get it out of my head! There is bliss in ignorance!

There's also ignorance in bliss, which is eventually more pleasurable, they say.

Last edited:
or maybe they were trying to warn you......
They kept sneaking up behind me like mischievous kids. The three of us dove in a line with me at the back and when I turn around I was nose to nose with one. If they vanished, that would be my warning.

Back
Top Bottom