Seals on the Onondaga

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One fin

Reaction score
We dove the Onondaga yesterday and had two seals hanging around the boat while we where getting ready to dive. The water temp was 37 degrees and the vis was 10' to 15'. We hoped to see the seal's underwater but no luck. The Onondaga is allways a fun wreck. I linked a video that my buddy Dan took while we where diving the Onondaga last season. The wis was 30' +
http://www.theaquaplanet.com/view_video.php?viewkey=e74d3df8527599fa6264

One fin:
We dove the Onondaga yesterday and had two seals hanging around the boat while we where getting ready to dive. The water temp was 37 degrees and the vis was 10' to 15'. We hoped to see the seal's underwater but no luck. The Onondaga is allways a fun wreck. I linked a video that my buddy Dan took while we where diving the Onondaga last season. The wis was 30' +
http://www.theaquaplanet.com/view_video.php?viewkey=e74d3df8527599fa6264
Ive dove the Onondaga may times and I agree it is a fun dive. I never seen seals in that area though.

I have seen them this time of year down by the western end of Fishers Is. The most I even counted was 20 on some rocks sunning themselves.

I don't think they like bubbles at all. Sometimes you can get near them on a snorkle, but most of the time you can tell where a diver is by the ring of seals around him

Tampico_ED:
Hi Bill,

Very nice videos, Hopefully we will dive together the wreck again it was a lot of fun !

Ed

Thanks Ed. I checked out your web site, your pics are great. Id dove the Volund today, very nice dive 25' + vis, have you ever dove it? Im planing on diving the Onondaga one night next week. If you want to go let me know. Im shooting for the 28th. The long term forcast looks pretty good. If you talk to Chris M ask if he like to go also.

Hi Bill,

I have not dove that one yet. AS per your offer I'm free mostly on the weekends and sometimes on Fridays....otherwise sure I'm going. Thanks for your comments on the pics...they pretty much were last diving season.

I will PM my cell to keep in touch !

Ed

One fin:
Thanks Ed. I checked out your web site, your pics are great. Id dove the Volund today, very nice dive 25' + vis, have you ever dove it? Im planing on diving the Onondaga one night next week. If you want to go let me know. Im shooting for the 28th. The long term forcast looks pretty good. If you talk to Chris M ask if he like to go also.

Tampico_ED:
Hi Bill,

I have not dove that one yet. AS per your offer I'm free mostly on the weekends and sometimes on Fridays....otherwise sure I'm going. Thanks for your comments on the pics...they pretty much were last diving season.

I will PM my cell to keep in touch !

Ed

I got your PM ill call you this week.

Gilldiver:
I have seen them this time of year down by the western end of Fishers Is. The most I even counted was 20 on some rocks sunning themselves.

I don't think they like bubbles at all. Sometimes you can get near them on a snorkle, but most of the time you can tell where a diver is by the ring of seals around him

I was diving a wreck in Long Island sound today and happend to see three more seals. There seems to be a lot around this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom