SeaQuest AirSource

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tekk Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Recently picked up the AirSource by SQ. Haven't had a chance to see how it breathes at depth.. 100+ft.. Anyone been deep with the AirSource? How did it work for you?

I have tried mine at 85 or so feet and had no problem.

I like it because I always run a pony bottle no matter how deep the dive and it (the airsource) helps me to get rid of one more reg...the octo.

I find it does breath a little wet.....in salt that is tasty...in fresh no problem.

I just wish....and i have emailed the company....that they had made it about 3 to 4 inches longer.

I also use it as my main dump valve by pulling ....not using the button. I have emailed the company twice....with a lot of time between emails...and talked to them on the phone and they have indicated that is exactly what it is designed for and anyone who has had problems with pulling it to dump air should contact them. But, what I find is that most who say you will have problems with it.....have never used it and dont own one.

later...rich

I have also tried mine to a depth of about 80 ft. Leaving Thurs. for STX and if I get a chance, will try it at least at 100 ft. to see if it breathes any differently. I too find it to be fine.

I've used mine at 110' (on the Dwain, key largo). I try to use it every dive for at least a few minutes (and usually for the entire safety stop). Never had an issue, and am totally comfortable using it at any depth I've been to.

Having said what i said in my first post...and reading the other posts....

if you are going to use this at extreme depths...i cant pin point a reason ...other than gut feeling....i would use a "stand alone" no combination octo. While for my diving habits the air source is fine.....if i were going 132 plus feet....i would go diff set up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom