seaquest? aqualung?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattroz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hey guys,
i was wondering why you hardly ever hear anyone on scubaboard mentioning seaquest or aqualung and the rest of that family. is it that it's crappy equipment or what? please fill me in..
thanks..

p.s checkout dives tomorrow

As with any equipment you are going to have thos that love it, those that hate it and the folks that are indifferent. Now that I have that out of the way, Heres my opinion on both.

I have a SeaQuest Balance BC, I think its great. The build quality is good and the BC is comfortable and works quite well. I also own a halcyon BP/W that I use for my doubles and have decided to get a singles wing for and see how that works.

On to Aqualung!
I own 2 Legends as well as an Apeks ATX100, a Mares Abyss and an Oceanic somthing or other. The legends are awsome regulators they breath great at any depth and are a pretty bullet proof regulator.

In my opinion I think there stuff is great, but I also have not had the oportunity to try out any of there lower end equipment.

mattroz:
hey guys,
i was wondering why you hardly ever hear anyone on scubaboard mentioning seaquest or aqualung and the rest of that family. is it that it's crappy equipment or what? please fill me in..
thanks..

p.s checkout dives tomorrow

thanks for the reply and have a great time in coz

Perhaps the fans of other brands are more vocal, but there are plenty of folks on the board who believe Seaquest and Aqualung/US Divers are superior lines in general. As with any major lines there are a few products that don't measure up, but both have some truly top-of-the-line products too. Any particular product you're looking for?
Rick

ya my lds is offering me a titan lx supreme reg, with a pro QD bcd and an aeris atmos AI for 2000$ CAD do you think it's worth it?

edit: and included is a octo too... sorry

i have a seaquest bcd, and love it, so do two of my buddies and they love theirs as well..there is a strong tendency on the board towards backplate and wings, but that doesn't mean the other gear isn't just as good for your type of diving. for what i wanted in a bcd, the bcd i have, or maybe the zeagle ranger were the ones i was looking at..

i slo know a few people using aqualung regs, and they're all happy, never used one myself though...

From what I have heard the Titan LX is a great reg, especially for the price. As to wether its worth $2000 CAD, I dint think so. Check out http://www.divetank.com They are located in Canada and can get you a much better deal! I would guess that you would pay a little more than half of what your LDS is charging.

As to the bc, the proQD si a good bc but I would recomend you get a little expierience with both a back inflate style bc and also a jacket style (PorQD is jacket) There is a big difference in the way they dive. I prefer back inflate to jacket style bc's, but some folks realy like jacket style bc's.

Phil

mattroz:
ya my lds is offering me a titan lx supreme reg, with a pro QD bcd and an aeris atmos AI for 2000$ CAD do you think it's worth it?

edit: and included is a octo too... sorry

I have two Aqualung Legend LX Supremes, and I love them. So far, I have had them down to 250 feet, and they continue to breathe like champs. They are two years old. Never a problem.

I am a big fan of the AquaLung and Seaquest lines.

I own several brands of regs, but my primary reg is the AL Legend and my deep stage regs are AL Titan LX. Nothing breathes better or smoother than the Legend, and the Titans are great bargains on a very reliable reg.

My warm water BC is the Seaquest Balance. The ProQD is very popular around here, but I personally find it very bulky.

You're looking at quality gear. If your LDS treats you well and services what they sell, then it is a good buy.

theskull

For that price in the USA, you should be able to get a Legend LX Reg(Top of the line for Aqua Lung)& a Suunto Cobra Computer. At the local dive shop I go to a SQ Pro QD BCD is 525.00, a Legend LX reg is 495.00, & a Suunto Cobra Computer is between 6 & 700.00. Also if you order a Alternate Air when you buy your BCD, they sell it to you for the same price as an octo. Check out the new Pro XLT it is the same basic design, but has a little more lift, IMOP a better pocket system, & its only like 50.00 more.

Back
Top Bottom