SeaQuest Explorer Age.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marty14

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi; I just got this Seaquest explorer BCD. I think it is one.
The reason for my doubt is that I had one in the early nineties but it was different. It did not have any straps on the shoulders to adjust and just had the padded band. Also there was no added little strap across the front along with the cummerbund.
But it does have the half size plastic tank backpack and lies flat when packed or can be folded. Also it is really light but tough.
So does anybody know the age of it as it seems hardly used. But that could mean I just got lucky.
Also how it fits in the history of the Seaquest Explorer BCD.
Thank you.
Marty :D
BC_cutout.jpg

Can't help much but in the early 90's SeaQuest had 3 very similar low lift, low drag BC's......Explorer, Discover and Pro.
I think it's the Discover you are remembering.

One of these (can't remember which) was the last traditional BC I owned before switching to a BP&W in '96.

I remember distinctively that it was a explorer and it looks so similar to this one except for the differences I mentioned earlier. But this one has me beat. But I must say the explorer was one of the best travel BCs out there. No schnick snack and light weight. Also no weight integration, something that is hated by Live aboard operators everywhere. Due to the weight the divemasters have to lift when getting the gear on board as you exit.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom