Wanted Search dui zip glove connector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go buy 2 sets of zip seals. 1 set of silicone, 1 set of latex.

Heat up the latex with heat gun. Peel it off the ring. Turn the ring inside out. Glue it to your suit. Take the silicone seal/ring combo and zip it to ring you glued on the suit. Presto!

*tldr the zip seals that are sold have the same ring as what dui glues on the suits. Just turn them inside out.
Sweet.

Just to be sure, does that trick work with neck zip seals as well?

QUOTE="swimlikethefish, post: 8446679, member: 484652"]If you search the diy foru

I never looked into the neck seals. I have peeled and glued new latex onto g2 neck rings tho.[/QUOTE]

I've done both. You'd seriously be way better off getting a si tec system than messing around with zip seals, especially on a non-dui system. For gloves I'd go with the kubi system rings.

QUOTE="swimlikethefish, post: 8446679, member: 484652"]If you search the diy foru

I never looked into the neck seals. I have peeled and glued new latex onto g2 neck rings tho.

I've done both. You'd seriously be way better off getting a si tec system than messing around with zip seals, especially on a non-dui system. For gloves I'd go with the kubi system rings.

I prefer the zip wrists, easy to replace, easy to install on any suit (I've installed them on 3), and they are flexible. I do not prefer hard rings near my wrist. It interferes with my valve drills. Round or oval, I dislike them both.

However, I do like the kubi for a dry glove. But I don't use dry gloves. I like wet for dexterity reasons. To each their own.

I prefer the zip wrists, easy to replace, easy to install on any suit (I've installed them on 3), and they are flexible. I do not prefer hard rings near my wrist. It interferes with my valve drills. Round or oval, I dislike them both.
/QUOTE]

Good point.I was only thinking of the cost of regular seals compared to DUI zip seals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom