Seaskin Nova Drysuit: Extra Allowance?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RURQ

New
Reaction score
I’m just about to order a Seaskin Nova

I have the option to add extra room allowance for thicker undergarments.

I’m just wondering if anyone else that dives in cold water has added that feature or if you found that it wasn’t necessary

They mention that it would be for someone diving with 400gsm garments.

The average water temperature where I am right now is 4°C / 39°F but in the summer, it can go up to 16°C

Thank you!

I have the option to add extra room allowance for thicker undergarments.

I’m just wondering if anyone else that dives in cold water has added that feature or if you found that it wasn’t necessary

They mention that it would be for someone diving with 400gsm garments.

The average water temperature where I am right now is 4°C / 39°F but in the summer, it can go up to 16°C

Thank you!
I personally got it and love it.. couldn't imagine it without. I dive in the upper 30 low 40 (F) a lot, never felt too big.

I personally got it and love it.. couldn't imagine it without. I dive in the upper 30 low 40 (F) a lot, never felt too big.
Agreed. Unless you're squeezing through some narrow cave. The extra size helps

Clingwrap!

Dude wait for a week to get everything sorted out and change your mind about stuff a few times

I wouldn't get it, but it may depend on your body type. I'm roughly 6'2" and 190lb and I feel the Seaskin cut is generous enough that the extra allowance absolutely wasn't necessary to fit my BZ400 undergarment. My suit is usable, but pretty baggy.

I wouldn't get it, but it may depend on your body type. I'm roughly 6'2" and 190lb and I feel the Seaskin cut is generous enough that the extra allowance absolutely wasn't necessary to fit my BZ400 undergarment. My suit is usable, but pretty baggy.
I’m the same dimensions! What’s the coldest temp you usually dive?

About 8C or 46F, that's with 400g Thinsulate or 200g and a heated vest.

I posted a picture of what the suit looks like with the extra allowance while wearing the 400g in the other thread: Review - Seaskin Nova drysuit
Thank you for posting that picture. I’m not going to get the allowance. I measured properly, but erred on the larger measurement when rounding and I think that will be sufficient

Thanks, again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom