Seasons Greetings From Alaska

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AKFISH51

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

I'm headed to Cozumel for a month Jan. 14 - Feb. 14. I'm traveling solo.

I will do several "scuba" dives while there, most likely with Tres Pelicanos, as I've dove with Steve and the gang several times before. Its been a few years, so I may need a refresher dive?

I will also be shore snorkeling almost everyday weather allows.

I'm wondering if there is anyone who would like to join me? I know several great snorkel spots and would be super stoked to learn of new ones. Its been a few years since I've been and I know things change( I lost a couple of access points my last trip) Bummer, but hope to add a few new ones this trip!

I typically purchase a bicycle while there and use it as my primary transport on the island. I have biked completely around the island , but generally if I'm going to the "wild" side I will rent a bug from ISIS.

I'm not looking for anything but a snorkel companion, or if you have any intel on good shore snorkeling spots, cheap beer, or great tacos in Cozumel, PLEASE let me know!

Thanks,

Welcome to ScubaBoard. You've come to a great forum where you can spend time during your surface intervals.

Welcome as well. You may need a refresher--anyway to get that in Nome? Or some diving in at least? Pool?
Have they ever (re)started talks on getting an all weather road into Nome? I know it's a lot of miles over some nasty terrain.

Hey TM,
Theres a pool here, but I'm not getting in it! There's always talk of a road, but it won't happen any time soon, at least I hope not. I can just imagine all the RV's draining their tanks in our salmon streams! A new graphite mine is being developed near Teller, and a new road will be built to it from Nome. It is supposedly the worlds largest deposit of high grade graphite used for L-ion batteries. If it takes off huge I'd wager more serious talks of a road link to the outside would follow.

Well, keep hanging in there on those "winter ice roads". Having spent like 25 years in Thompson, Manitoba I know them well.

Back
Top Bottom