Second guessing my BC choice (Hydros Pro)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The air bladder can taco up and fill unevenly which makes me 'roll' to one side or the other..not dramatically like a barrel roll, haha, but harder to stay level.
Is it really the wing tacoing or the tank moving a bit because the shoulder straps aren’t really backpack tight like a jacket BC? Have you tried tightening the waist strap?

Is it really the wing tacoing or the tank moving a bit because the shoulder straps aren’t really backpack tight like a jacket BC? Have you tried tightening the waist strap?

That could be as well.

Besides being massively overpriced, it's absolutely not a bad BCD/wing. If you like it, keep it!

Since you just bought it, the straps shouldn't break. There were issues with the older versions, and that should be fixed. If you happen to get an older version where the straps break, your dealer will replace them for free.

Mine has just about 100 dives on it, I have not discovered any issues. I have given a thought to switching to BP/W setup as well, but then realize I have a good thing going with Hydros :)

Besides being massively overpriced
Is Scubapro overcharging for this BC or it is more expensive to make because of its uniqueness? You think that it can be made cheaper with same quality and features and Scubapro can pay for r&d and make profit?

And you know that based on inside information and also pay for design and development costs in south Africa?

Note: you're right btw, "cheap" is the key word, not quality.

P. S. You probably "know" with 100% certainty that Mercedes cars can be made cheaper too because you know so much :p

I have a hydros pro 1st gen and done over 500 dives with it and never experienced any issues when diving, with tanks sizes ranging from 10 litre to 18 litre. Diving in shorty, full wetsuit and drysuit. Only issues I have had is shoulder strap failure and weight pocket rubber bit failure but replaced. Also use travel straps sometimes and weight belt and remove weight pockets/straps, and I've fitted a crotch strap. I use tech shorts for extra stuff and don't have the silly SP ninja pocket and all the attachments they sell for it. It's a bit like a wing in my opinion in any case. I would just keep on with it as selling 2nd hand the value will not be great.

Good Luck.

I remember the buckle getting damaged.
It was the female end that's stitched to flap. I know SP advertises that the BCD is sustainable because of replacement parts. But the stitched buckle isn't replaceable.

I only had 0.5 kilos in each pocket and only for 3 months of the year when I wore a thicker wetsuit.

IMG_8846-1536x2048.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom