Second of Three parts, a new PADI diver in progress

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
on Saturday at 8am Zellet and I arrived at the Dive Shop to pick up all his gear for the pool. It took several minutes to locate a BC finally ended up with a Diva that fit him and well the wetsuit was on the large size but Zellet is at the in between the Akona size stage... then to top it off the instructor had a 50cf tank for him...

After all the 8 other students had been fitted they then started on the equipment set up and break down, I took advantage of the time to buy him a nice log book holder.

The trip to the pool was uneventful and to much of everyones surprise the pool wasn't heated, a nice 62 degrees.. after some debate and surprise everyone agreed to do the swim in only swimsuits, Zellet swam a longer distance than the rest but only because he was doing left turns, he picked the backstroke... on his last lap a DM bounced along to keep him straight... While they were treading water another pool was located that HAD the heater on and the water at 82 degrees.... so everyone packed up and met at the other pool....

it was now 1130am

there were two instructors and 2 DMs for the 9 students. However I personally thought that the way they were going about the training was STUPID as the one instructor basically ignored the other instructor and had to visit each student, why couldn't they be broken down in a smaller group so they could get done much quicker??? well by 130 I was to a point that I just went to the car and took a nap. when I woke up and looked in the pool the group was just starting the 3rd modual, but a 3rd instructor had joined the group as they were finished with their training of the DMT's... and low and behold they read my mind and the one instructor would talk above the water then under the 3 worked together and seperate :).. By 5 pm they were done... During the Tired diver tow Zellet got to show everyone how easy it was to tow a tired diver..

while he was washing his gear in the showers I had again a proud PAPA moment as everyone stated how good he was underwater.

While on the trip home I asked him what was the hardest part? for me it was the one minute no mask breathe as the bubbles went up my nose, hindsight told me I should have bent my head to the side. Zellet said that the CESA was the hardest part as he ran out of air and had to do it agian, we talked a few minutes and he was making a AHHHH sound instead of a EEEEE sound. he decided that making a EEEEEEEEEE sound would have been better.. then he told me that the no mask breathe was real easy...

we just have to wait for the lake water to warm about 3 more degrees F so I can join in :)

stay tuned

Back
Top Bottom