Second OW dive after class, with pictures (dive computer BROKE)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dig:
I agree with Theredhead, the diver with the attachment on the top of their snorkel looks like they're first stage is a bubble machine....something I'll keep in mind to check my buddies for, I learn something everytime I get on this forum.
Check the sea-grass in that same picture, as already mentioned, there appears to be quite a current running, which would push the bubbles from exhalation back behind the diver's head. I'm guesing this has happened here - you would hear and notice that much bubbling from a first stage.

Glad you out there diving. We learn as we go along. Cool Pics and iiliked the idea of the line good job. Currents a booger isn't it? It's like one step forward and three
back.

Wow this was from last year! I've done a few dives and taken my AOW since then. Yeah, there was a pretty strong current. I had to swim almost at a 45 degree angle into the current to go straight cross-current and swim fairly hard.

As for the dive computer, it was a rental and I have my own now. :)

By the looks of the grass it seems like there was a wicked current in that spot...was there?

I was going to say someting like that, but having never been on a dive before I didnt know for sure if what it 'looked' like ie: the bubbles / plants etc at such an angle would be a good indication of what type of current they were up against..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom