Second stage: RS-680 vs RS-681: Differences?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Folks,

My wife and I just bought RS-681 regulators as part of a package deal. I picked the 681 because I liked the 680 and the 681 was available. I liked the 680 because I have a dental issue where I can feel pressure on my front teeth pretty quick, and the adjustable angle of the inlet hose on the 680 to the second stage was really nice and relieved a lot of that pressure. I sort of hoped that the 681 would have a lot of the same features of the 680. Now that I have a 681, it appears that this design element was removed, and the adjustable angle is gone.

I have tried to find some more information about this regulator, but the 681 does not yet show up on the TUSA web site, and there isn't much information out there yet on the web that I can find about the 681. Can anybody here speak to the nature of the change on the connection between the hose and the regulator on the 680 and the 681 models? I understand that the braided hose leading to the 681 second stage is supposed to be much more flexible. Does that flexibility remove the reason to have the adjustable angle between the regulator and the hose?

Thanks for your patience. First time poster here and pretty new to diving.

Ben

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom