Secondary dive sites near HMCS Annapolis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepdiverbc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Wondering if any has recommendations for a dive site to check out near the HMCS Annapolis. Thought we could do the wreck first and then do a pinnacle or something....

How about Halkett Wall, Gambier Island? Checked my log book and I didit last year from the Sea Dragon Topline. If I recall it's outside Halkett Bay on the right side (southeast) as you approach from Horseshoe Bay. I think the entry was near a fairly distinct white coloured fissure in the rock face but it's all "bottomless" wall along that part of the island. Saw all the usual suspects as well as a small Puget Sound King Crab. Went to 90 feet but stuff to see at all depths. Obviously nothing but muck in the bay, thus the reason the site was chosen to sink the Annapolis. Good luck!

Thanks. So just east of Halkett Point where the rock symbol (*) is?
BTW. I was told there is a pinnacle out there somewhere but not sure where.

Attachments

• HalcketBay.jpg
    HalcketBay.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 76
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Yes that looks about right.

You might also want to check out this book. It has lots of dive sites and many that are only accessible by boat. I have seen it at Ocean Quest in Burnaby.
[/FONT]
Glen
Dennison, Diving Howe Sound Reefs & Islands

Back
Top Bottom