Question Diving near Tokyo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KombiGirl

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
The husband and I will be traveling to Japan for the first time in September of 2024. We are looking for recommendations for a dive shop that offers diving opportunities near(ish) Tokyo. We would need to be able to rent the majority of the equipment and we are both advanced certified divers. Any help is appreciated.

Go to Mikomoto, the 3 hour train ride is VERY worth it. They have simple accommodations for little money and the diving is amazing in September.
The usual day is 3 boat dives, I'd plan on two days to make it worthwhile.

I was looking at this last night - that’s the hammerhead dive? At least in summer/fall?

Yes. I didn't get the full hammer schooling experience (only spotted a couple in the distance) and the dive was still excellent. The bottom topography is really interesting and they are drift dives.
I will be going again if possible.

Go to Mikomoto, the 3 hour train ride is VERY worth it. They have simple accommodations for little money and the diving is amazing in September.
The usual day is 3 boat dives, I'd plan on two days to make it worthwhile.
i know it’s been a while but we are finally actively planning.
Where is “Mikimoto”? If I search on a maps app I just get pearl stores in big cities. I just cannot clearly figure it out aside from perhaps in or near Toba? I looked on my PADI app but it wasn’t any help either. If you have a dive shop to recommend that would be ideal.

if it is somewhere between Osaka and Kamakura, it would fit nicely into our itinerary. Any help would be appreciated.

i know it’s been a while but we are finally actively planning.
Where is “Mikimoto”? If I search on a maps app I just get pearl stores in big cities. I just cannot clearly figure it out aside from perhaps in or near Toba? I looked on my PADI app but it wasn’t any help either. If you have a dive shop to recommend that would be ideal.

if it is somewhere between Osaka and Kamakura, it would fit nicely into our itinerary. Any help would be appreciated.

If you google "Mikomoto scuba diving" you will get relevant results

If you google "Mikomoto scuba diving" you will get relevant results
Well thank you. Obviously it was operator error in spelling it incorrectly. But I’m a chick who used to work at a jewelry store so I saw what I wanted to see…mikimoto pearls 😆

Seems like Zane sorted you out.
There are several dive boats operating there and all seemed pretty excellent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom