Secrets Resort Again Charging For Pier Use... BEWARE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While I understand your point, that's simply making good people suffer for the unethical business practices of others. At least if divers stop going there, the staff won't be doing work that they're not being compensated for.

I think you have to inflict the pain where it will be immediately beneficial - the resort's pocketbook - not the poor guys who work there.

Not directly applicable to THIS particular issue, but some folks consider getting the best deal as a competitive sport. For example, not to pick on Dandy Don, but I always wonder how many hours of worth of CRAY supercomputing time goes into planning/plotting his trips.
You know that the fact that you even know what a CRAY supercomputer is pretty effectively dates you, right? One old fart to another... :D

Not directly applicable to THIS particular issue, but some folks consider getting the best deal as a competitive sport. For example, not to pick on Dandy Don, but I always wonder how many hours of worth of CRAY supercomputing time goes into planning/plotting his trips.

You know, I guess that just depends on the motive. If you're retired and enjoy focusing on the small stuff, I'd say there's not a thing in the world wrong with spending hours making sure you're booking the right trip to make you happy. We all have our own criteria.

I am a self-confessed PAIN IN THE ASS...but only when I'm researching a new location/new dive op/new place to stay. I book these trips for groups, and there are MANY details that go into pleasing multitudes of people. Of course I pick the dive operation first, and they have to be SAFE, EFFICIENT and FUN. ScubaBoard has been invaluable in assisting with those types of opinions. Before I book a group trip, I have already asked all of the pertinent questions and know the ethics of the dive op. THEN it's on to finding the best place to stay. A good dive op is also very helpful in this area. Especially with group trips, dive & stay packages are the way to go.

Once I am satisfied that all of my criteria will be met and even exceeded, and once I experience the quality of the trip provided, if all goes as expected I'm one happy girl. And then the dive op owner will become one happy guy or gal, because I am a loyal customer and my business will continue going back to that op as long as things remain copastetic. At that point I consider the questions asked and answered, happy that I have found a good op to work with, and go about my business.

I realize not everyone is so detail oriented, but any diver who doesn't take the time to at least check that their dive shop is legal and the resort where they're staying is engaged in ethical business practices is just missing the boat o_O

When I get annoyed, my inclination to tip the staff drops to zero, if the staff feels your pain, the resulting 'labor troubles' may help get the owners attention.

I would bet that the owners don't care. My guess is that there are people lined up to take a disgruntled employee's place if they are under-tipped and want to leave.

I am a self-confessed PAIN IN THE ASS

AMEN!!!! HAHAHAHAHA! :rofl3: :rofl3: :wink: :cheers: :)

And I'm not carrying your **** for you any more either, Mr. I NEED 5 BAGS WORTH OF STUFF!!!

You know that the fact that you even know what a CRAY supercomputer is pretty effectively dates you, right? One old fart to another... :D

I like vintage scuba gear, so a vintage supercomputer seemed appropriate. Next time I'll use buzz words like 'Quantum' and 'Photonic' then. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom