Seeing bubbles coming out from drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I lose a bit of buoyancy over time like you said but I am not 100% sure and I thought checking if I vent bubbles without wanting to would be good.

Analyzing video of yourself diving is always a good idea. Most of us can hear the drysuit venting, it makes a distinguishable sound. You will also learn to recognize the change in buoyancy which together with the sound and your trim makes you aware of suit venting without even paying attention to it.

Analyzing video of yourself diving is always a good idea. Most of us can hear the drysuit venting, it makes a distinguishable sound. You will also learn to recognize the change in buoyancy which together with the sound and your trim makes you aware of suit venting without even paying attention to it.
I’ll try to pay attention but I generally cannot hear much with my thick hood, I have only a 7mm hood

Most of us can hear the drysuit venting
I can't. I guess my hood is somewhat guilty...

I generally cannot hear much with my thick hood, I have only a 7mm hood
Try the Waterproof 5/10mm. Wonderfully warm, but you can't hear crap while wearing it. OTOH, I can't hear crap when I'm wearing my Waterproof 5/7mm either...

I can't. I guess my hood is somewhat guilty...

Try the Waterproof 5/10mm. Wonderfully warm, but you can't hear crap while wearing it. OTOH, I can't hear crap when I'm wearing my Waterproof 5/7mm either...
Same here: I mean i can’t even hear clearly people talking to me once I am out of the water until I remove my hood or pass my hand in the opening.

i can’t even hear clearly people talking to me once I am out of the water until I remove my hood or pass my hand in the opening.
Sounds pretty normal to me. It might be a bug, but it might also be a feature (huh? Sorry, dear, I can't hear what you're saying. Seriously.)

I had a SAC of 24 during my last quarry dive and I think my SAC increases by 6 when I wear a drysuit.

I was overweighted as I was trying to see if I could dive with more air in my suit so that might have contributed to this high SAC.

I also noticed that as I inflated my suit air was coming out from the valve. Obviously I will use less weight next time as it may due to me having too much air in my suit: I was experimenting with putting a bit more air in my suit.

But I was wondering if you dive the valve fully open are you gonna leak air regularly and how can you check for smaller air leaks ?

I thought about getting a mirror so I could check my back. I often get insta buddies with people who like to stay in my back so that would help with this.

Do any of you use a mirror on the hand to check on air leaks or on some of your buddies who refuse to stay at your side ?

Hmmm, something doesn't add up. 6 LPM SAC increase just wearing a drysuit seams very high. Remember, the amount of air you're adding to stay neutral is similar to just a wing as it's all about displacement. In that case, a genuine 6 LPM increase would be purely to offset venting in which case you'd be constantly adding air just to stay neutral.

Value dial position is quite subjective. I usually go about half way so it requires a positive tilt to vent. Doesn't mean that right for you, but maybe dial back a few clicks and see if that helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom