Seeking DiveLogBook 4.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maybe i'm not doing something right myself. I have uploaded the new version. I can honestly say I don't like it. I can't enter my tank size among some other things. but at this point I'd be glad to get that part to work. why did tusa have to change the orginal software? I liked the print outs it made. Now not only can i not get my SAC rate because i can't enter my tank size, I have these small log pages.
problems:
1. tank size will not enter
2. I can put my actual weights in the log but they never come out right. I can enter 12 lbs and the software changes it to 11.9. I put 14 lbs and it changes it to 14.1
3. when entering my equipment there is no "7 mil" . I get other choices but 6.5 mm is the closest.

I will admit I'm a bit OCD when it comes to my log, I don't know why but I like to keep acurate records for myself.
AT this point I'm going to try to spend my day today getting the older program back on my laptop. I had to upgrade to the newer version because i had to reinstall everything on the laptop due to a crash.
Any assistance would be nice from Tusa regarding these problems. I tried the website but had no response.

ok, that's my rant for the year. :idk:

Oceanbound: yes I had the same problems with the new version (eg:the tank size goes back to 0.00 when you move to the next entry, etc) and also wonder why Tusa had to replace something that was perfectly good - replacing for the sake of it? Also from the grammatical and spelling errors in the new program, it looks like to me that it was assembled in a hurry. I too like accuracy. And I could not reinstall the old version, I got an error message saying that some file was missing. SO I just down load the data from the computer, label it and leave it at that. ALSO it seems that the new program is downloading all the entries in the Dive Computer, the old program would pop up a question saying it found new data, did you want to down load all? I also seem to have problems with the connection on the Dive Computer terminals - they seem to be very particular about the position as well as how much pressure (the spring in the clip isn't enough) is being applied.

Last edited:
Oceanbound,
You can download the previous version, PC Logbook 4.0 here.
Or from the main software page here.

Basically, a new version of software was supplied by Japan to be compatible with Vista 32bit PC's. We are working on an updated version to address the issues in the current DiveLogBook software.
In the interim, we have made the older PCLogBook v4.0 available.

Oceanbound: yes I had the same problems with the new version (eg:the tank size goes back to 0.00 when you move to the next entry, etc) and also wonder why Tusa had to replace something that was perfectly good - replacing for the sake of it? Also from the grammatical and spelling errors in the new program, it looks like to me that it was assembled in a hurry. I too like accuracy. And I could not reinstall the old version, I got an error message saying that some file was missing. SO I just down load the data from the computer, label it and leave it at that. ALSO it seems that the new program is downloading all the entries in the Dive Computer, the old program would pop up a question saying it found new data, did you want to down load all? I also seem to have problems with the connection on the Dive Computer terminals - they seem to be very particular about the position as well as how much pressure (the spring in the clip isn't enough) is being applied.

I am so glad you wrote that about the connection problemls and the computer teminals. I've always had that problem and thought I just got a faulty connector or I was too stupied to figure out how to do it correctly. After playing with it awhile I can get it to eventually work but it's aggrivating.

Yesterday I eventually got the older version back installed on the laptop with XP as it's OS. So I'm keeping the older laptop around now just for that and my nephew to play with when he's visiting LOL.

But when I do upgrade my dive computer, I will be looking at reviews of not only the computer itself but in it's software and ease of downloading information

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom