Question Seeking Newport Beach Dive north facing with parking nearby for days when wind is from south.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubblesong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
When wind from south means we cannot dive Ft Wetherhill, Beavertail or Green Bridge, what shore entry dive has both nearby parking and a north facing beach?
Has anyone dived Potter Cove north of Jamestown? Where do you dive and park at Ft Adam’s? Any chance that cove near Beacon rock is shore accessible?

Potter Cove is descent but shallow, lots of sand. If you stay toward the rocks on the south side there are things to see. Once you get out beyond the point the current can be pretty strong. As far as Fort Adams I went off of Lincoln Dr. which is along the western side. Just before the road ends, there is a parking area opposite a concrete wall. I went in off the wall, rocky beach area. Lots to see and drops off pretty quick.

I have not been diving here, but the Van Zandt St Pier is well protected. I don’t know if it is legal to dive there in the summer.

Fort Adams is a decent dive spot that is well protected. There is parking along Lincoln drive. You need to work with the tides, because you are right next to the channel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom