Seeking recommendations for Florida Keys trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingdesigns.com

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My husband and I are planning to take a trip to the Keys in early February. I heard it could be windy. We may SCUBA and definitely will freedive.
Is this a good time to go?
Any recommendations for dive boats?
Any recommendations for places to stay?
Any recommendations for boat rentals?
Anything we must see or do while we're there?
Great places to eat?

First off I would suggest you search this subject as a lot of great answers have been submitted in the recent past. That said January through March is quite variable in the Keys. While you might have some nice weather, you may also see high winds for days at a time. Late April through October brings the best conditions and warmer water.

If diving in the keys, Key Largo is the place to stop as far as many are concerned. Speaking for myself, I like Blue Water Divers, right next to the African Queen and the Holiday Inn Key Largo at mile marker 100. There are good rates at the hotels there, but it all depends on what you are looking to do and where you are willing to stay. I like the Marina Del Mar hotel, behind the Holiday Inn. Right on the waterway.

For breakfast before a dive with Blue Water Divers, try "Docs" right across the highway from the boat. GREAT FOOD for the money, friendly service, and well priced.

Key Largo Brent, here on the Scubaboard runs Blue Water Divers, along with Capt. Glen and can help with dive reservations and recommend a place to stay if you just drop him a line...

Have a great vacation!

Tractor Tom in Okeechobee

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom