Seen a Melibe colemani or a Phyllodesmium rudmani? Know someone who has? Where??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha, great meeting up with you again in Lembeh, I hope that you and Anita had a safe trip back home.

Iwan found two P. rudmani for Yanni and I yesterday morning, most likely the same place that you eventually saw them.

Im with Wiggsy on that one both are found in anilao on a regular basis…. The colemani is pretty common they are almost everywhere… The rudmani on the other hand is a little rarer but always present as well… lots of discussions around Aiyanar tables lately discussing where the rhinopores of the rumani are in the shots the photographers have been taking… to book a trip to Aiyanar Beach and Dive Resort email me at marco.santos@aiyanar.com

We get both of these species here in Lembeh Strait. The P. rudmani more frequent than the Coleman's Melibe. But we also occadsionally see the Coleman's Melibe. I have seen one here this week actually.

Another melibe colemani has been spotted in Lembeh! Two Fish blogged about a very recent sighting here Muck diving in Lembeh with a variety of Melibe

I'll be in Lembeh again in a few days - if anyone has any more info about this latest sighting (dive site? depth?) I would be very grateful for a post or PM.

As a diehard melibe lover, I'm also excited to hear about the two other species being seen. I struck out completely on melibes last trip.

And Gordon, yes, it took a bunch of dives but the ace Iwan B found me 3 p. rudmanis together (one large, one medium, one small). I spent more than 40 min admiring them the first time he found them and returned to see them on my last dive. I was glad to hear you and Yanni got to see them too. What an amazing animal.

BTW the nudi Lembeh Resort had posted about in this thread was very cool but was neither a phyllodesmium rudmani nor a melibe colemani (it also vanished 1-2 days after it was originally seen).

Last edited by a moderator:
Repeated sightings and photos of Melibe colemani at Yos Dive Lembeh over the last month or so ...

Back
Top Bottom