Seen this on an lds website and thought it was interesting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sandmanz32

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Diving on a site deeper than your certification level is a violation of PADI diving standards. ie Just take the class either at home or here.

I am currently an advanced certified diver, however, it is with SDI. Does this mean that if I dive to 145' that the PADI police are going to come arrest me?
Here is the shops url for reference. Express Water Sports - Myrtle Beach Scuba Dive, Parasail, Kayak & Ocean Sightseeing Dolphin Watch And jet skis in Myrtle Beach South Carolina - Dive Sites

I am currently an advanced certified diver, however, it is with SDI. Does this mean that if I dive to 145' that the PADI police are going to come arrest me?

You dive to 145' on non-HE based gas and you just might see the PADI Scuba Police down there with you. :eyebrow:

You dive to 145' on non-HE based gas and you just might see the PADI Scuba Police down there with you. :eyebrow:

It was those damn talking fish - they dropped a dime on me!

I just thought that was funny. Like they are trying to warn you to stay above a certain point. "Oh no, I'm a new diver and i dove to 62', I'm going to be in trouble now"

Lol, without HE at 145' you are right, you might see all kinds of fun stuff! "pretty colors!"

Nice trick to sell a AOW class.
But for the rest it's BS.PADI standards are for the Pro's (DM and up)
Any diver can dive as deep as he/she likes.
IF that is wise is a completely different discussion.I would NOT recomment an OW diver with 4 dives to go and see some fish at 145ft.:no:

No, it's the Scuba Police, but they haul you off in the PADI wagon... :)

Narcosis is way over rated, never really had an issue with it at close to twice the PadI limit.

comment_scubapolice1.gif

Rules were meant to be broken, all this safety first stuff is just a cliche.

N

If you go to 145' on air, watch out for a black and white scooter with a red light and siren on top, towing a cage... :D

It was probably a PADI resort and they were making the statement for CYA and to sell a few more AOW to make more money! The scare tactic!
No, it's the Scuba Police, but they haul you off in the PADI wagon... :)

:rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom