sekonic marine meter battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moosecooper

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, have just got my hands on a Sekonic Marine Meter 11.Have found the PX 625 battery .
Question :- can any body tell me the size of the battery door "O-RING "

Moose,

I don't know the O ring size but I bet you could get a hold of Fred Dion at Underwater Phototech and ask him. He resotred a Sekonic for me a few years back, he might know the spec.

Doug

I found the doors for the meter and o-rings at a place called MAC group/8 Westchester plaza,Elmsford,NY 10523. They were so helpfull and in less than 5 days to N.Z.

I just took an O ring from a kit I bought at Harbor Freight. Works good. I have two meters since the 80s but one quit working one day, who knows.

The PX battery is not hard to find, got mine at Wall Mart, the slightly higher voltage causes it to read a bit off but easy to compensate.

N

So I am not the only user of the Sekonic meter.Got my hands on a RED Sekonic 1 meter the other day with the original battery an it still works.Battery door theads broken BUT the new doors work, but you need a thicker o-ring to take up the extra threads.The battery I got from the USA maybe the same place as you,many thanks for your reply.moose

So I am not the only user of the Sekonic meter.Got my hands on a RED Sekonic 1 meter the other day with the original battery an it still works.Battery door theads broken BUT the new doors work, but you need a thicker o-ring to take up the extra threads.The battery I got from the USA maybe the same place as you,many thanks for your reply.moose

It occurs to me that some people DON"T use a meter, how does that work? Here is mine to the left of the picture.

DSCF0022-1.jpg

When I use it I get better pictures.

N

Most modern cameras, particulary SLR cameras have built in meters that are as accurate as you would like, particularly for reasonable exposures (not sunballs for example). I have a meter and play with it because I like playing but the pics I get with it (both in the studio and UW) are not any different than without it.
Bill

The photo sent in by Nemrod is the same meter I have+ the 1st one(red)The white one is bigger than the 1 st one! Bvanant,I use a Canon 50D camera in Manual mode .In there is a meter with + and - on with 2 stops each side.Don't know if it works and how fast it is!! All is in a SUBAL housing with live View!! Any thoughts as our southern Summer is on it way."I hope".

I don't like Liveview very much, focusing is too slow for me. I use my 50D/Subal mostly for macro, and I shoot only in manual. Hence no need for metering since you won't be able to meter the flash very well. The way I shoot is to set the shutter speed at 1/160 or so or 1/200 if I want a black background and the aperture to f11 or f16. I use an optical trigger to fire my flash so I get TTL from the internal flash. No picture that I shoot macro is ever more than 1/3 stop over or under. Before I had the housing converted to optical, I used a TTL converter from Matthias and it worked just as well. Before that, I simply set my strobe somewhere in the middle of its power and shot, looked at the histogram then made adjustments to the pic. Once you shoot it a while, you will get a good feel for exposure; most guys shoot in full manual mode with good results.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom