sekonic marine meter battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is great to get feedack and thoughts from other fellow divers.I will try your way and see if it is the way.Could be some time though as the rain keeps coming down under.

Just a word of caution. Be carefull with the Harbor freight o-rings, they are not a standard size. I have measured several of them with a digital caliper and they do not measure the same as several known good ones or the spec chart. They all seem to be of a smaller cross-section, there not as thick so they may not seal as well.

Just F.Y.I

Most modern cameras, particulary SLR cameras have built in meters that are as accurate as you would like, particularly for reasonable exposures (not sunballs for example). I have a meter and play with it because I like playing but the pics I get with it (both in the studio and UW) are not any different than without it.
Bill

True, but so did my Nikons. The meter allows you to meter different areas and to set exposure without having to look into the view finder. I can alos place my palm in front of it and use it as something of an incident meter for a generic exposure. I find it very useful even for cameras with an on board meter. As well, many cameras have different bias, spot, center weighted, averaging, bottom weighted, various computer digital programs, the good old Sekonic, once you are used to what it is telling you, never lies and you can use that information to second guess your camera's meter.

O-rings can be gotten many places, I only suggested Harbor Freight because they have many cheap kits of various types and compositions. The Sekonic door uses a fairly thin O-ring, at least my two do and it was easy to get another O ring that worked well. YRMV

N

Thanks for the birthday greetings and in reply to "y" am I not out diving.Went out yesterday as it was a holiday in New Zealand and the 3 of us got our limit of crafish(6 each ) but the water is cold 12oc and we were in wetsuits.1st div for the summer.(last one April)

Bill can you explain the Harbor freight o-rings please?. Unknown in my part of the world!! Have found the canon camera light meter and will play with it,thanks for the tip.

Harbor Freight Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

sells a kit of o=rings made in china and they are not as thick as standard o-rings.

measured harbor freight spec o-ring #
.068----------.060-----.070-----017
.102----------.091-----.103-----112
.137----------.122-----.139-----214

Note that these measurements do not coincide with standard metric o-rings either.

There non-standard o-rings, close but I wouldn't use them in my reg's or camera gear. I wouldn't trust my life or money on them but there ok for some uses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom