Selling some of my reference material

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Now that I am retiring from teaching, I am going to be selling the bulk of my reference materials. Including SDI/TDI instructor manuals, NAUI reference and student materials, oxyhacker manual, reg service references, etc.
I'll get a list put together later today to post. Due to a bicycle accident, I'm in a wheelchair and on a walker and staying at my girlfriend's and getting to my place for an hour or so each day so shipping may take a day or two to get out once I receive payment. But they will go out as soon as I can get them packed.
In the meantime, tell me what you are looking for and I'll let you know if I have it. My library of materials, references, and some student materials is fairly extensive.
Thanks

Wow. That is quite an offer. Thank you and I look forward to seeing your list.

Ironic that your icon is you with a bicycle. I wish you a short and complete recovery from your incident. Remember, a wheelchair is just an upright recumbent bicycle. So you're still a cyclist.

Good luck and god bless.

I'm so sorry to hear about your accident Jim, indeed wishing you the best in your recovery.

Sorry to hear about your accident.

I might be interested in oxyhacker and any tec materials you might have.

Definitely interested in your Oxygen Hackers book!

Not in a hurry for shipping either, been looking for it for years...

Wanted to add to the wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

I'd also be interested in oxyhacker, but I don't have an immediate need for it. And @formernuke seems to have managed to beat me to the post button...

Definitely interested in your Oxygen Hackers book!
I guess there is still quite a bit of demand even though it's out of print. Did anyone ever hear anything from someone who might be able to authorize licensing?

The last I saw was this thread. But it seems to have died.

Ok, so here is a partial list of what I have. I'll post more when I get the chance
1. TDI Advanced Nitrox Instructor guide and student manual
2. TDI Decompression Procedures Instructor Guide and student manual
3. TDI Advanced Wreck Instructor Guide and student manual
4. TDI Advanced Gas Blender Manual
5. Tec Rec Gas Blender Manual
6. TDI Diving in Overhead Environments Student manual
7. The Tao of Survival Underwater by Tom Mount aka Exploration and Mixed Gas Diving Encyclopedia
8. The Technical Diving Handbook by Gary Gentile
9. Deco for Divers by Mark Powell
10. Deep Into Deco by Asser Salama
11. The Art of Gas Blending by Anton Swanepoel
12 Technical Diving: An Introduction by Mark Powell
13. SDI Solo Diving Instructor Guide, student manual, student slates
14. SCUBA Diving by Dennis Graver 1 each 3rd, 4th, and 5th editions. THESE ARE THE BEST MODERN OPEN WATER STUDENT Manuals available. No other agency manual come close to the content these cover for the open water class.
15. SDI Sidemount Instructor Guide
16. SDI Drysuit student manual. I don't have the official instructor guide because I wrote the course and have all my original materials.
17. IANTD Technical Diver Encyclopedia by Tom Mount
18. NOAA Diving Manual 2nd edition soft cover
19. NOAA Diving Manual 4th edition hard cover
20. NAUI Master SCUBA Diver manual (2 copies - the best master diver manual. I used these to teach the SEI Master Diver Course)
21. NAUI Scuba Rescue Diver Manual. Another great manual. Much more content than the other agency rescue diver texts I've seen
22. Diving Physiology in Plain English by Dr. Jolie Bookspan
23. The Skin Divers Bible
24. SEI Rescue Diver Instructor Guide
25. Advanced Sport Diving Manual by Clinchy and Egstrom
26. The New Science of Skin and Scuba Diving 5th revised edition
27. SDI Open Water Instructor Guide and 2 Student Manuals
28. SDI Rescue Diver student manual
29. Solo Diving by Von Maier
30. Complete Wreck Diving by Henry Keats and Brian Skerry
31. Shipwreck Research Handbook by Gary Gentile well done text for those starting to research wrecks
32. Great Lakes Diving Guide by Chris Kohl
33. SDI Standards and Procedures Binder with courses
34. TDI Standards and Procedures Binder with courses
35. Oxygen Hackers Companion 4th edition by Vance Harlow
36. Scuba Regulator Maintenance and Repair by Vance Harlow, One corner has water damage but text is not affected
37. Regulator Savvy by Peter Wolfinger
38. The Silent World by Jacques Cousteau - hard cover.
39. Dan Guide to Frequently Asked Medical Questions
40. SCUBA DIVING SAFETY by Orr and Douglas
41. Almost Complete Guide to Sidemount Diving by Rob Neto

I have more older SEI, YMCA, and PADI stuff in the basement that I can;t get to right now. Once I have better mobility I'll put that stuff up.
BUYER PAYS ACTUAL SHIPPING via USPS! I will combine these using USPS flat rate materials.
I'm not looking to get rich off of these but I know the worth of them and we can work out a price. PM or Email (preferred to jimlap212@comcast.net

I’m interested in #37 regulator savvy. PM incoming.

ETA: recommend requesting media mail for shipping. Its only $3.19 for the first pound and $0.63 for each pound after that and includes tracking.

Second edit: Is that the offending bike pictured in your avatar?
09681231-54CF-4E10-8DCE-8A0A45A4B30E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom