Sept. 14 quarry trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CincyBengalsFan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
The weekend of Sept. 14 we are having a blowout/cookout at Joe Clarks Quarry in LaGrange, Ky. Either we can all chip in together and a few of us go shopping for the chow or it can be every man for himself? I plan to start one of those HUGE bonfires that night. Hopefully my grill is still down there. If not we can use one of the fire pits.

If you don't mind us northerners horning in on your party (my dad is from Eastern KY, does that count?) there's a SLIGHT chance I may be free that weekend, won't know for sure until after Sept. 2. I see La Grange is off of I-71, where is the quarry?

Ber :bunny:

to our little piece of the www. Falling Rock Quarry is just outside LaGrange. You would exit I-71 at exit 22 which is Ky 53. You follow that through LaGrange. A couple of miles north of Lagrange you will turn left on to Fendley Mill Rd. This a narrow country road with some really sharp curves. You will come upon the quarry entry without much warning. It will be on the left. I may be diving there this coming Sunday. If I do I'll make sure to get mileages to each turn. Maybe for the Sept 14th trip we can put up a sign at the Fendley Mill Rd intersection at one to give you warning that you're almost to the quarry entrance.

I'm really hoping I can go! Keep your fingers crossed! Mileage would be a great help :) Is this quarry open all the time? Do they have air? What are the fees for diving? I'd like to have another option for a checkout dive site when I finish my instructor cert. (1 lecture & physics exam to go!).

Thanks for the info!
Ber :bunny:

is $15/day. There are no onsite air fills unfortunately. I think they are open on Friday but that may have changed. They are open on Saturday and Sundays. There used to be some drysuit diving in the winter but I'm not sure if that will continue this year. I can find out when I'm down there.

Definitely keeping my fingers crossed that you can make it.

I may take my portable compressor down that weekend. If not I will make a 3 p.m. run over to Louisville Dive Center for air fills.

I'll mark the calendar and plan on being there as well!

Sorry I can't make that day. There is a nasty word in my vocabulary called "work" and unfortunately that is where I will be on the 14th.

to help guide folks to Falling Rock Quarry. The signs will look like the red and white diver down flag. Please refer to the directions posted earlier in this thread for directions also. I'm really hoping to see some new faces on the 14th and or 15th :)

Back
Top Bottom