Sept 23 Tiger Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubble-head

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We finally made it out with Lynnhaven to the Tiger today. This was my buddy Ethan's first ocean dive. On the way out, there appeared to be a surfer who was way off the beach, near the channel marker buoy. Was he pulled out by the tide? I started to go down from the sun deck in case help was needed but it turns out the guy was paddling (via his hands) a type of surfboard/kayak contraption and was using the buoy as a turn-around point. I see him being a future missing person. In addition to the marathon paddler, we saw a dolphin in the surf.

Water temp was 72F at the bottom. The Lindsey tied into the boiler area. Visibility was horrible on the first dive at 3-5'. I was first down the anchor line and had a face-to-face encounter with a sea turtle. This was an awesome experience and I could see intelligence through its eyes. We followed my wreck reel along the wreck. During this dive, I found a small conch shell for my daughter. Good buoyancy with no vis is always a challenge.

The second dive was a lot more enjoyable. The tide changed and visibility improved to around 10' or so. I found a second conch shell to bring home to my daughter.

We enjoyed the hang bar. Schools of Spades made regulator appearances. You could see the outline of the Lindsey from the trapeze.

All in all, it was an enjoyable day. The chop on the way out made it a bit unpleasant but no one seemed overly sick. Even with limited vis, I always enjoy VA Beach diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom