September is just around the corner...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brewticus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
A few questions:
1) My wife and I are looking to go to Cozumel this September for a week, 6 - 13 or 13 - 20. Sep 16 is their Independence Day and looks like there could be some fun activities in town going on. Has anyone gone during this holiday or have any experiences to share? I have both weeks off work (to bad we couldn't stay the whole time). Airfare $377 and I'm ready to pull the trigger.
2) We got our OW certification in April while staying at Presidente and diving with Scuba Du. We really enjoyed Cozumel and are looking forward to going back. As much as the Presidente was a beautiful resort($$$), we found ourselves spending most evenings going to town. Our next visit will be spent in a B&B/apartment or some other "off the main grid" kind of place (kitchette a must and a small pool would be nice). Any experiences, suggestions or feedback with this type of accomodation to share?
3) Asking about a dive op is a question unfair to ask. Sounds like many different people have many different "favorite" dive ops. So, I won't ask...but...
4) Just how stinkin' hot and muggy will it be in Sep?
5) Because this time of year is hurricane season, what are opinions of travel insurance (never purchased ir before)? I've been reading a bit about DAN insurance and coverage. Is there a place it has been discussed on this forum? I tried a seach...

Oh my gosh, I love Independance day. Fireworks and all. Parades. Wonderful time to visit.

Either make late reservations at Prima for dinner and watch the Grito and fireworks from there. It very MX with the rockets beside the building and if the wind is right smoke blows through. Great fun. OR

Join the crowd in front of the Palacio and eat from street vendors and soak it all up!!

Parades....

IMG_2086.jpg

Chiles en Nogada

IMG_0122.jpg

I want that boat....

FastBoat.jpg

And most likely at Prima, Scubatree will be hosting Steve Birthday party.

I would suggest a condo... Hint, hint, but I don't know if we are going to try to make Steve and Mexico's birthday or not this year.

Chiles en nogada are just about my favorite thing ever! Where was that picture taken, Rich? I want to go there.

"Airfare $377"?! I can't get anything even approaching that to Cozumel from New England. Pull that trigger!

I'm on the island every September, at the end of the month. I'll say the level of hot and muggy is usually "pretty darned".

A condo would be nice. A villa would be nicer... :wink: As much as I used to love the Presidente, once we started staying in rentals in town there was no looking back. Whether you stay in cvchief's place, mine, or one of the many others out there I think you get a much different taste of the island, and more for your money. There's some place that will fit any budget or taste.

That is a great deal on airfare. I search CMH and PIT all the time and its rarely below $550

Chiles en nogada are just about my favorite thing ever! Where was that picture taken, Rich? I want to go there.

It was ok to good, but I made the distinct mistake of getting it two-three days AFTER I-day. And I think it was 2-3 days old. However, I imagine it was awesome when made. Got it a Paprika.

---------- Post added June 2nd, 2014 at 08:54 PM ----------

That is a great deal on airfare. I search CMH and PIT all the time and its rarely below $550

Too far to BWI I guess?

We were there last year for independence day in September, it rained hard the entire week. There was a Hurricane hitting the pacific side and the bands wrapped around and smacked us a few times a day. There are great deals to be had in September and you may get lucky and hit great weather. We didn't and it was the worst of our three trips to Cozumel just because the sun lighting up that clear blue water is the most breath taking part of Coz. I didn't even get into the pool at the resort the entire trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom