Seriously PADI, whiskey tango foxtrot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even when I'm trying to help,. you are a dick.
Mel,

Oh please, get a sense of humor. I've had TEN different PADI instructors for some 15 give or take con ed courses. Only one misspelled my first name and I had that corrected.

I swore up and down I was certified when my wife was going through her class. The instructor at the shop couldn't find me. I forgot that as a teenager I went by Jake instead of Jacob and PADI wouldn't recognize anything except Jake... try using a shortened version of your name or something you may have went by. You could always give them a call as well. I had to do that in order to link my PADI account with my cert records.
We get a lot of people signing up for classes and then on the first day they are not on the roster. They get adamant. It turns out they signed up under their "legal name" and give their common name when they come in for the class (or vice versa). I don't care whether you use your legal name or a nickname you made up 5 minutes ago, but please be consistent.

I swore up and down I was certified when my wife was going through her class. The instructor at the shop couldn't find me. I forgot that as a teenager I went by Jake instead of Jacob and PADI wouldn't recognize anything except Jake... try using a shortened version of your name or something you may have went by. You could always give them a call as well. I had to do that in order to link my PADI account with my cert records.
LOL. This might turn into an issue for my son. When we did our OW I gave the wrong dob for him; he looked at me like I was an idiot. He had supposedly gotten it straightened it out but he's only showing up with the wrong dob.

We get a lot of people signing up for classes and then on the first day they are not on the roster. They get adamant. It turns out they signed up under their "legal name" and give their common name when they come in for the class (or vice versa). I don't care whether you use your legal name or a nickname you made up 5 minutes ago, but please be consistent.
Like this? Just one misspelling in the stack
20220726_104426.jpg

Just tried it. I'm not found 😂
Use your certification number. Seems like that is what a shop would look up, at least.

I also sent an email to PADI a while back to have them consolidate all my certs under a single name. (Like many others, I had a few variants.) A couple days later it was all good.

Back
Top Bottom