Serous Otitis Media -- Causing a lot of ear infections

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you go diving? How did it work out if you did?
It worked out fine. I have no idea if I got an ear infection again from it as I am still on antibiotics as I was suppose to take them for 10 days. I am going up to Tobermory this weekend so I'll have 3 more days of diving this long weekend.

We will see how that goes as the antibiotics will be running out by that time.

Antibiotics won't directly help you clear or prevent barotrauma. OTOH, if your ears and Eustachian Canal are all mess up because of barotrauma+infection and they clear up that dysfunction so you can clear properly, then they can certainly make a difference.

Did you change your clearing method and style at all?

Antibiotics won't directly help you clear or prevent barotrauma. OTOH, if your ears and Eustachian Canal are all mess up because of barotrauma+infection and they clear up that dysfunction so you can clear properly, then they can certainly make a difference.

Did you change your clearing method and style at all?
I am saying that the antibiotics seemed to help clear the ear infection and since I am still on the antibiotics it may have just continued to help because I was already on them. It is really all me just speculating. There are a lot of guesses being made here. The first big assumption is that the antibiotics are doing anything for me. They may not even being resolving anything, and maybe this time during diving I just didn't get an infection.

I did not change my clearing method at all. Clearing my ears was definitely my focus of my dives, and I tried to make sure my ear clearing was a great focus so that I could make sure I was definitely "properly" clearing them in time. Again as the last case, I have no idea if that helped or not, and whether that helped prevent getting ear pain after the dive weekend.

Ultimately the only difference I see is that I am on antibiotics, other than that not much is different from the last time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom