Service on Foreign-Bought ScubaPro Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnnyQuest

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
DiveInn is an authorized ScubaPro dealer, so if I buy a ScubaPro regulator from them, I’ll get a ScubaPro warranty, but it will be foreign. Bob3 told me of a place in CA that will honor the warranty and provide free parts (Thanks Bob). I was wondering if any of you with factory but foreign warranty cards have been able to get free part with your annual service from your LDS. I’d really like to give my LDS my annual repair business and just want to know your experience before I ask him that question. My second question is this: If you do pay for the parts, how much do you typically spend per year?

My understanding is that there is a lifetime warranty of defects on foreign bought SP regs. However the product has to be registered in Europe in your case. If you send it to the US they will reject it.

Warranty is world wide- but the “free parts for life” is a North American offer and foreign dealers will not offer free parts-but, special arraignments can be made on a case by case basis.

Although it is the manufacturer who offers the free parts, it depends on the LDs if they are trustworthy that they are not going to end up picking up the tab on the parts when they try to warranty them. I would talk to them as it varies from location to location.

That's right.
Warranty is a guarantee for free replacement of defective parts.
Parts for life is a service provided by the manufacturer.
The two are linked, only in an attempt to keep the parts at authorized dealers so people don't pull warranty scams. Not saying it doesn't happen though.

Back
Top Bottom