Servicing Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pratt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
How much should I be expecting to pay to have my 15 year old Oceanic regulator and octopus serviced? The system has about 100 dives on it and this will be the 3rd time it's been serviced, The last 2 repairs were from diffrent shops and the cost varied by almost $60.

$15 to $30 per stage plus parts. Shop around. Also, check out scubatoys.com for reg service.

Last edited by a moderator:
1+ on awaps advice regarding scubatoys:

Scuba Regulator Repair - Scuba Annual Service

They are offering an amazing deal for service through the end of February. If I didn't enjoy servicing my own so much, that is where I'd send them (at that price). It appears to be $49.95 for 1st, 2nd and octo (a little more if it is a combo octo/inflator). And if I'm reading the offer correctly, free parts.

Killer deal.

Best wishes.

I third that deal. I wanted to service my two regs but I could not get my service kits for the price Scubatoys is offering so they shipped last week.

The shop I work with in the San Francisco are would charge $25.00 labor for each stage ($75.00 total), and about $55.00 for parts ($35 for the first stages and $10.00 for each second). It is always possible to find more is required, a new hose, spg spindle, damaged internal parts to a stage and bring the price up. Hope this helps.

do not be surprised with a $130. service fee..If you need new hose(s) add another $30. average per hose..almost better off purchasing new..if scubapro from authorized dealer and you keep up with service, annual fee can be $59. ( average labor costs) and any parts used are free.Only works best if you are the type to usually get regulator service on a annual basis.

$15 to $30 per stage plus parts. Shop around. Also, check out scubatoys.com for reg service.

Scuba Toys has a pretty darn good deal for run-of-the-mill regulators. I wonder what they would do with my Poseidon Oxygege ist and Kirby Morgan 2nd?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom