Servicing Seaquest XR2 regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrJay

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I bought octopus on ebay: Seaquest XR2. Two techs at dive shop have different opinions. One says water entered the first stage at some point and needs a replacement kit and the other says the it is like new. Both recommend a replacement kit on the second stage as a matter of proper maintanance. Seaquest was bought by Aqualung. Aqualung told the tech that the kits were not available any longer. Does anyone know where to obtain 1st stage and 2nd stage kits? I am looking for a recent inexpensive version of the book entitled Scuba Tune-Up Guidebook.

Aqualung Service Kit for the Conshelf SEA will service the 1st stage. #9000-00
The second stage may be serviced using the service kit for a Micra. 9000-03

It is not out of service, nor a big issue to overhaul. Find a better reg tech.

Totally agree, I have one of them I use a lot. The first stage is simple to rebuild and the second is simple as well. The only thing in the second stage that may need replacing would be the LP seat and it's a generic size.....and most likely you can just turn it over if it even needs replacing. And do find a good tech... or learn to do it yourself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom