Servicing Your Own Regulator - Scubapro Brand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UaVaj

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am ready to learn how to DIY and buy the necessary tools. Where do I start? Who teaches the skills? Where can I buy the special tools? Who sells the service kits?

Regulator in question will be: MK2/R295, MK25/S600, and MK25/A700.

Any help in the right direction is appreciated.

Scubatools.com and frogkick.com for manuals......Download the manual(s) and it'll tell you what tools you'll need...Many can be used on most reg's....You'll be surprised how easy it is to service reg's.......

I am ready to learn how to DIY and buy the necessary tools. Where do I start? Who teaches the skills? Where can I buy the special tools? Who sells the service kits?

Regulator in question will be: MK2/R295, MK25/S600, and MK25/A700.

Any help in the right direction is appreciated.
VA Scuba in Manassas VA teaches a reg repair clinic. IIRC you end up with an Aeries cert, but he teaches on different types of regs and the basic skills apply to any scuba regulator.

You may find it a bit hard to source Scubapro kits but it's not impossible. Working at a shop might get you an in. The Scubapro course is very good, as is the Aqua Lung and Apeks course (they've changed since I did mine 12 years ago, but always useful).

start here: SCUBA REGULATOR MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR by Vance Harlow

then the above links for documentation and tools. it really does not take a bunch of tools so don't jump into the deep end of the tool chest unless you have $$$ to burn. ebay is one parts source but you shop around and find many others.

you might even want to check with your local sp dealer to see if any will sponsor a tech course and sell you parts.

Back
Top Bottom