sevylor inflatable diveyak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrybosome

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I was able to pick one of these up very cheaply, so I did. Living where I do I'm more likely to use it on a lake for fishing but I'd still like to know if you guys have used it as a dive platform, and how well it worked. I could always drive down your way and get it on the water.

Is this the big grey thing? Yes, I have dived off of one once. It is very stable, but a slow row. The "right price" makes the cons better. :wink: congrats!

Yep, the big grey thing. The price was close to free, so even if it paddles like a barge...

Hopefully I'll get it out Sunday.

Cool Beans.. looking forward to a trip report..

Hi Wry,
Pixie and I bought a tandem one a while back, also for a very good price. It works well as a dive platform, but yes it is slow. Also I find that the skegs tend to disappear. I recently called the new owner of Sevylor and ordered a full set ( I only needed one, but who knows how long they will be available). I payed by credit card and delivery took only a few days. Other than that, we have been very happy with the yak

What are skegs?

Thank you.. didn't know the inflatables had that.. learn something new everyday!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom