SF2 Rebreather Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

toby
One of my buddies from Maui is an SF2 instructor and when he travels with his he carries on the head and loop then checks the body of the unit and has never had a problem traveling with it.

it breaks apart in the middle. The rods on the side and the STA come off IIRC

Horst_105318525.jpg

I had a look at the SF2 website, the can looks to be 600mm high which is pretty big. For travel purposes do you think it breaks down any smaller? It wouldn't fit in a normal big size suitcase at that height I dont think

The SF2 is quite travel friendly because that 600mm tube can be broken down to fit into carry on luggage (I think). its also lighter then other eccr's, I suspect that has something to do with the carbon fiber laminate.

did you dive it with cooper hoses or the stock longer loop hoses? I always thought the stock ones looked long.

In your comparison w/ SK, you mentioned a nerd. one thing to keep in mind is the SF2 does not come with a HUD by default. it comes with a fisher cable ready to plug your hud of choice; but still an additional cost.

did you dive it with cooper hoses or the stock longer loop hoses? I always thought the stock ones looked long.

In your comparison w/ SK, you mentioned a nerd. one thing to keep in mind is the SF2 does not come with a HUD by default. it comes with a fisher cable ready to plug your hud of choice; but still an additional cost.

I don't know enough to compare the two units yet but to compare the price for 4500 with KISS you get no electronics of any kind, for 10K you get a single controller with no back up but yu do get a wing, plate, MAV's, Reg's, etc its dive ready.

Coopers in BM, Rubber in SM, yes the hoses can be a bit long but I think that issue has already bee resolved.

The SF2 comes with the DiveCan Petrel2 also SF2 doesn't offer a NERD controller upgrade like REVO, JJ and I think Optima. It has been argued that for 10K a second way to monitor PO2 should be included since all competitors in that price range have redundant PO2 monitoring.

Having back up PO2 monitoring on a fisher is not for me, I hate fishers, for whoever reason I have always had issues with every single one I've owned without exception. SUBCON connectors I love and suspect we'll start seeing that as a Fischer replacement with greater frequency. For a beginner I think a second way to monitor PO2 (in CCR) is nice if not important, for an experienced rebreather diver a single way to monitor PO2 is no big deal but thats just my opinion.

I don't know enough to compare the two units yet but to compare the price for 4500 with KISS you get no electronics of any kind, for 10K you get a single controller with no back up but yu do get a wing, plate, MAV's, Reg's, etc its dive ready.

Coopers in BM, Rubber in SM, yes the hoses can be a bit long but I think that issue has already bee resolved.

The SF2 comes with the DiveCan Petrel2 also SF2 doesn't offer a NERD controller upgrade like REVO, JJ and I think Optima. It has been argued that for 10K a second way to monitor PO2 should be included since all competitors in that price range have redundant PO2 monitoring.

Having back up PO2 monitoring on a fisher is not for me, I hate fishers, for whoever reason I have always had issues with every single one I've owned without exception. SUBCON connectors I love and suspect we'll start seeing that as a Fischer replacement with greater frequency. For a beginner I think a second way to monitor PO2 (in CCR) is nice if not important, for an experienced rebreather diver a single way to monitor PO2 is no big deal but thats just my opinion.
KISS looks pricey now I have to say.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom