SHADOW DIVERS author Robert Kurson, releases new book!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craig Baumann

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Fellow divers / free, scuba, technical:

I received an email from Rob Kurson today, announcing the release of his new book. Mr. Kurson as all you divers will recall, is the author of SHADOW DIVERS, the true story about John Chatterton and Richie Kohler as they went about discovering the identity of a mystery German U-Boat off the coast of New Jersey.

dg

I wish Rob best of luck with his new book. He writes the following about it:

Dear Friends,

Hi, it’s Robert Kurson, author of SHADOW DIVERS.

I’m writing to let you know that my new book, CRASHING THROUGH, is being published today. I think it’s the best work I’ve ever done.

Support like yours gave me the confidence to search for another phenomenal true adventure undertaken by an astonishing main character. I found that in CRASHING THROUGH.

The book tells the story of Mike May, a California inventor who’d been blind since age three. In 1999, a chance encounter led to amazing news – a rare stem cell transplant surgery could restore May’s vision. Most people would have jumped at the chance. May was not like most people.

New vision after a lifetime of blindness is incredibly rare – fewer than 20 cases were known to all of history. But it was more than rare. It was always strange and fantastic, a kind of hybrid in which parts of the visual system functioned perfectly, while others worked in ways we could scarcely imagine. Most startling, the results were emotionally devastating for these patients – they suffered deep depressions, clawed at the eyes, became furious at their surgeons, even suffered early death.

CRASHING THROUGH tells the story of May’s adventure into new vision. It’s an odyssey filled with risk, romance, danger – and decisions he knew could cost him his life.

I look at the world differently for knowing Mike May, and I think differently about what it means to really see. If you enjoyed Shadow Divers, I’m certain that you’ll love CRASHING THROUGH. At bottom, it’s a story about the power of curiosity to change a person’s life – just the kind of story that moves me the most.

The book is available now in bookstores across the country. It can also be purchased online from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Booksense, by following the links below.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this, and for supporting my writing. I can’t tell you how much that means to me.

With warmest regards,

Robert Kurson
www.robertkurson.com

Crashing Through at Amazon.com

Crashing Through at Barnes and Noble.com

Barnes and Noble online coupon (for B&N.members, valid May 15-21)

Barnes and Noble in-store coupon (for B&N members, valid May 15-21)

Crashing Through at Booksense.com

Back
Top Bottom